As far as waterproofing products and solutions suitable for water tanks are concerned, polyurea is one of the most durable and reliable protective coatings available on the market. It's not just that polyurea is extremely tough and waterproof. It's also extremely resistant to chemicals and abrasion-resistant. These are essential characteristics that guarantee the durability and superior efficiency of water tank liners used for industrial, commercial, and residential applications.
What is the Definition of a Polyurea Protective Coating For Waterproofing?
Polyurea is a compound formed through a reaction when isocyanate and a mixture of synthetic resins are combined to form an aliphatic or aromatic aggregate. When applied to tanks that contain water, polyurea forms a flexible but durable and impermeable protective membrane that blocks water and harmful pollutants from absorbing into various construction materials such as wood, concrete, and steel.
Polyurea has been a major contributor to its structural strength and lifespan for a long time by shielding the areas against abrasion and corrosion damage. Industrial-grade polyurea is employed for wastewater treatment across different cities throughout North America to protect tank the linings from extensive and pollutants damage.
Types Of Water Tanks Using Polyurea Protective Coatings
Polyurea waterproofing products serve as a powerful protective coating on the following types of tanks.
- Portable water tanks, which are used to store drinking water.
- Stormwater tanks act as detention tanks to help to assist your local area with more manageable loads of water runoff, helping to prevent flooding.
- Penstocks can be described as intake structures that help efficiently flow fluids and water in power plants, dams, wastewater treatment facilities, and hydroelectric power plants.
- Silt gravity lines release systems where the area of water distribution is greater than the entrance points to the pipeline.
- Industrial and domestic wastewater centers purify and process the water used by communities.
- Water systems for nuclear, or the nuclear power cycle, use water in three ways to extract and process uranium fuel, create electricity and manage risk and waste.
- Petrochemical industry effluents are used for oil as well as gas extraction.
While corrugated and concrete are the standard construction materials of choice for building different kinds of water collection and retention systems, they're not capable of enduring corrosion, rust, abrasion, or even cracking in the presence of a large amount of pressure. Polyurea protective coatings are applied to mitigate the negative effects to protect your structure against irreparable and costly damage.
Polyurea is a great and cost-effective waterproofing option for linings of tanks in various ways because it's reliable, durable, and affordable. It's also easy to apply and more durable to maintain. Based on the dimensions and structure, spray-on polyurea coatings can be applied within just a few hours.
The curing speed is an important selling point of polyurea protective coatings since it cuts down the time needed to finish water lining repairs or installation. It begins curing almost immediately and can be walked over in just a few minutes. After 24 hours, the polyurea membrane has fully cured, which means the structure will now be ready for use.
Where Can I Get Polyurea Waterproofing Products?
Whatever your application, ArmorThane has the appropriate polyurea solutions for any building or repair project. We stand behind the high-quality and durable, and long-term performance of the products we offer. Contact us today to find out more.