The wastewater and sanitation industries are quickly recognizing the value of industrial polyurea sprayed-on coatings as compared to epoxy. Pressures mount as sewage treatment and trash disposal is accelerating from population growth. And, a more effluent world is demanding improved living conditions just as aging municipal infrastructures falter. As water resources shrink, environmental regulations tighten.
ArmorThane offers the best, most moisture resistant coating materials available. We have had worldwide success in showing applicators how to repair and maintain sanitation and wastewater systems. The flexibility, strength and durability of our coatings create a permanent, impermeable liner over concrete and other materials. Coatings are not damaged by standing water, chemicals or other caustic fluids.
Sewer Manholes and Tunnels
Many of municipal sewage systems are aging and deteriorating. The wet, humid environment requires a special coating process to ensure waste is diverted into safe treatment or storage areas and to prevent bacteria, chemicals and other pollutants from leaking into our clean water sources. Watch how ArmorThane solved sewer problems by spraying polyurea coating in Hong Kong in this YouTube video.
Refuse Chutes / Trash Collection
ArmorThane products are perfect for coating high rise building refuse shoots, trash receptacles and trash truck bed liners to prevent garbage from leaking until it reaches treatment facilities or landfills. Read more on how ArmorThane tackled the trash chute problems in Singapore and watch chute spraying in the YouTube video.
Lagoons, Treatment Ponds, Clarifying Wells, Digesters
The wastewater treatment systems require a great deal of maintenance for proper performance and safety. The right preparation process and coating is necessary to repair and prevent leaking. ArmorThane trains applicators based on the environment of the location and any special circumstances.
Storm Water Trenches and Culverts
Communities quite often deal with rain water runoff with concrete trenches and culverts. The problem is that concrete eventually cracks or spalls with wet-dry and hot-cold environments. ArmorThane coatings prevent this and protect against damage from wheel traffic vibration under roads. We also have geotextile applications where concrete is not feasible.
Coatings can be applied with a smooth finish to promote sliding or textured for slip resistance on floors, walkways, stairs or ladders. Learn more about anti-slip and safety applications.
Key Coating Products for Sewage, Rubbish, Wastewater Treatment Projects
Aging infrastructures are becoming harder to maintain under growing regulations. ArmorThane coating are a long-term solution for both new structures and the repair of old systems. We have coatings that work well in the corrosive, moisture laden environment. The goal is to seal these channels to prevent leaking and protect against further corrosion and cracks and to reduce downtime. Here are products typically used:
- STS 300 – polyurethane: greater abrasion resistance; low permeability for superior chemical and corrosion resistance
- HighLine 310 – polyurea: sets as quickly as 2 seconds; very good impact, abrasion, and chemical resistance; consistent qualities even in extreme hot or cold climates
- HighLine 510 – pure polyurea: excellent corrosion resistance; superior skid resistance even to the HighLine 310; slightly slower set time for a smoother texture application; lower sensitivity to moisture for spraying in environments that don’t allow other elastomeric coatings options
- HighLine 510 H – pure polyurea: excellent corrosion resistant material; superior skid resistance; harder version and more abrasion and impact resistant version of the HighLine 510; lower sensitivity to moisture for spraying in environments that don’t allow other elastomeric coatings options
- AquaSafe – pure polyurea: Potable Water Certified version of the HighLine 510 passing the US ANSI NSF-61 qualifications; safe for storing drinking water or food materials; very high tensile and tear strength with good elongation; very durable and corrosion resistant, excellent for water treatment facilities