The estimated cost of all corrosion in 2020, according to NACE International, is $2.5 trillion US, equivalent to roughly 3.4% of the global Gross Domestic Product (GDP). In water treatment facilities, on roads, bridges, and other hard infrastructure components, chemical, and atmospheric corrosion is swift and steep. You can keep these vital systems safe and in working order for a far longer time with polyurea and polyurethane solutions from ArmorThane.
INDUSTRIAL WATER SOLUTIONS FOR INFRASTRUCTURE & MUNICIPALITY
Water pipes and tanks are specifically prone to corrosion. Wastewater, alkalies, and many other types hazardous chemicals can cause this crucial equipment to wear out which greatly increases drinking water or groundwater contamination. Spraying with an ArmorThane serves as water protection, and by extension–water conservation.
Important infrastructure and municipal assets—and the environment—with US ANSI NSF-61, AquaSafe, which is safe for storing drinking water or food materials,
has very high tensile and tear strength with good elongation. It is also great for water tanks and other specialized primary containment, water treatment plants, food processing areas, food, and water containment.
Our protective coatings minimize facility downtime with fast-curing properties, assuring little to no downtime in a municipal water supply’s operations.
Waste Water Containment:
ArmorThane Containment coatings are used for metal, plastic, concrete, sealed or open air; permanent or temporary; water, fuel, waste, acidic and caustic compounds. The goal is for corrosion resistance, prevention of cross-contamination, substance integrity, and protection against leaking. We have several products that will work for containment projects such as…
- Armor HiChem – polyurea: most extensive chemical and corrosion resistance; good skid resistance; extensive impact and abrasion resistance; ideal for chemically corrosive material handling
- EnviroThane – modified polyurea: top-of-the-line chemical resistance and impermeable membrane; quick set time; excellent elasticity; extremely low shrinkage rates.
- STS 300 – polyurethane: exceptional abrasion resistance; low permeability for exceptional chemical resistance
- HighLine 310 – polyurea: sets as quickly as 2 seconds; very good impact, abrasion, and chemical resistance; consistent properties even in intensely hot or cold climates
- Highline 510 H – pure polyurea: excellent corrosion-resistant material; excellent skid resistance; lower sensitivity to moisture for spraying in environments that don’t allow other elastomeric coatings options
- AquaSafe – pure polyurea: Potable Water Certified version of the Highline 510 passing the US ANSI NSF-61 qualifications; safe for storing drinking water or food supplies; very high tensile and tear strength with good elongation; very durable and corrosion-resistant
- ArmorFoam – polyurethane expanding foam: creates an insulating underlayment for managing internal containment temperature; coated with polyurea or polyurethane to form a tough exterior shell
Our environmentally safe, non-permeable polyurea coatings have a high pH resistance—giving wastewater pipes and tanks a whole new level of strength from a product that won’t leech into your drinking water supply. Plus, with a wide range of fast-curing water solutions, our experts have the answer to most wastewater containment problems. Our coatings can help ensure that less money is spent on water treatment systems.
When it comes to potable water, there is nothing more important than safety. Not only will our protective coatings extend the life of water pipes and tanks, but they’ll also keep drinking water contaminant-free.
INFRASTRUCTURE & MUNICIPALITY GEOTECHNICAL SOLUTIONS
Over time, the ground shifts and slides—taking structural foundations, manholes, sidewalks, and other infrastructure along with it. Restore and reinforce the integrity of your civic infrastructure with cost-effective geotechnical solutions from ArmorThane. Our fast-curing polyurethane spray foams and polyurea coatings provide robust support for almost any geotechnical problem. If you’re unsure which spray foam or coating is right for you, our experts are standing by to help you find the ideal customized solution.
Manhole Restoration: Hydrogen sulfide in the groundwater can corrode the walls of manholes, breaking down concrete and rendering your manholes suddenly unstable—and unsafe. Reinforce stability and protect from future corrosion with long-lasting, elastomeric polyurea coating solutions from ArmorThane. Our polyurea coatings are easily applied and rapid-curing, helping to minimize cost and ease traffic flow. We’re here to help you find the ideal solution for your manhole restoration projects.
Concrete Rehabilitation: Not only are uneven concrete slabs on roadways and sidewalks costly and time-consuming to repair—but they also create a hazard for travelers, opening up the municipality and its managers to possible legal action.
Our geotechnical polyurethane foam allows you to raise, stabilize, and support uneven concrete slabs with greater speed and efficiency than traditional mudjacking. Because geotechnical polyurethane foam expands and solidifies in seconds, you can avoid over-spraying and retain better control over your repairs’ precision. ArmorThane offers a full range of durable, high-strength geotechnical polyurea and polyurethane solutions. Let our experts develop the ideal solution for you.
INFRASTRUCTURE BRIDGES & ROADS
Corrosion doesn’t just damage the concrete surface of roads and bridges; it also weakens their steel support structures—leading to cracked, unstable, and unsafe surfaces, sometimes even exposing the rusted rebar within. Stop this corrosive damage from starting with seamless, moisture-resistant polyurea protective coating systems from ArmorThane. With 55 years of experience and hundreds of products, we’ll find the ideal solution for your bridges, roads, and other infrastructure.
Concrete Corrosion Prevention: Polyurea coating systems protect your concrete surfaces from the harshest elements—including extreme weather conditions, inorganic bases, acids, and alkalis, and abrasion from heavy traffic. With industry-leading temperature flexibility and tensile strength, ArmorThane advanced chemical compositions provide a long-lasting, elastomeric barrier between your concrete surfaces and the environment. If you need an answer to concrete corrosion, we’ll help you find it.